Running lights from one day to the next

New to the grow hub so bear with me, how do I start my lighting timer to grow at night? I want to start my schedule at 6pm and end it the next day at 12pm. Is this possible?

Hello JBooger,

Welcome to Niwa! Within our current scheduling set-up, days are based on 24-hour cycles, starting at 12:00 AM (0:00) and ending at 11:59 PM (23:59). For now, you cannot start a cycle earlier than it finishes. For example, if you are looking to have a cycle from 9:00 AM to 5:00 AM, you would create two cycles. (Tap “Add Cycle” at the bottom)

• 1st cycle beginning at 9:00 AM (9:00) to 11:59 PM (23:59)
  • 2nd cycle beginning at 12:00 AM (0:00) to 5:00 AM (5:00)

I hope this helps!

Just so you are aware and maybe can address: With the way it’s working now the light shuts off for the 1 minute between 11:59pm and 00:00am. Not a great thing to happen as it can have negative effects on some strains/genetics.

Thanks, we are aware and working on it!

Hello there! This has been addressed, please contact support@getniwa.com if you experience it so we can update your Firmware

I cant see the bottome slection to chose cycle 2. When I create 1st light cycle. All I see at the bottom of my screen is 2 boxes on for Delete and on for Save and Close. Even when I save and close then go back in to edit my light settings I still dont get the slection to add a 2nd light cycle.

Now you can create an overnight cycle directly, so there is no need for 2 cycles anymore, just enter the start time and the end time (following day).

For example, Start 5.00pm; End 5.00am, will run an overnight cycle for 12 hours.

I hope this helps!