Pre-purchase questions

Hey all, I have a few questions before purchase.

1- can the fan output be triggered by multiple criteria? Meaning can I set up both a maximum humidity and maximum temp target to activate the fan? And then EITHER maximum would turn it on? Or is it only one option?

2- I’m using an oil filled heater that can take a while to make any sort of change to the temps when it is activated. Can the Niwa compensate for this? With some sort of temp offset or something? Or do I need to use a heater that can have a quicker response time?

3- I read that one of the issues people seem to keep mentioning is that the outlets can only be used for ‘one’ of each appliance type (fan, pump, etc) is there any progress on developing the ability to assign more than one outlet to a certain type of device? Not sure I need it, just thinking to the future.

4- My current dehumidifier has a target humidity option, so it comes on as it needs to, but the cycling causes fairly large RH swings, so would I just set it to ‘constant operation’ and let the Niwa manage its on/off?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hey yak22-2022:

1.- Not, only by temperature, we are adding new triggers soon.
2.- I don’t think you need anything special, the Hub will trigger it when temp is below target, and it will keep it running until temp reaches goal.
3.- Not at the moment, only one kind of device per outlet.
4.- You should fine tune and find the best option for that, either set the dehumidifier to min and plug it into the Hub (I guess this is the best option) or you leave the dehum running by itself, recommended if it’s a large one pulling too much current.

Thanks for the info.
But maybe I need to rephrase my first question since I’m not sure I followed your answer.

Can the exhaust fan outlet be configured to activate based on achieving one of multiple maximum targets?
Like it hits maximum temp, but humidity is below target, it activates, OR it hits maximum humidity but the temp is still below maximum target it would activate.

Thanks again!!

Nope, it cannot, only temp based, it triggers on when is above target