Firmware timeline? (April/May 2022)

It has been quite a while since an update.

When are we getting the next firmware update? I desperately await the humidity deadband fixes/configuration options, and whatever else you fine folks have come up with.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello thrak76,

We are at the last testing stages for a new FW release where we will reduce the dead zones.

3 Likes

Javier can you share what this means as far as timeline and what other changes are being tested for release?

1 Like

Hey Adian009,

The new version is 90% ready, we are facing an issue on one of the modules for this new version and that’s why it is taking longer than we’d like. Once we solve that issue (I don’t have a clear timeline now) , we will need to test the Firmware long term again, (4-6w) and then we will start rolling out. The improvements, among others, will be, improved climate control, reduction on the dead zones, better internal clock accuracy, fan cycles control, addition of manual mode, better Wi-Fi stability, etc.

7 Likes

Thanks Javier, altho wish there was a timeline :frowning:

I recently had to apply offset to growhub for temperature so it matched my other devices (not sure which is right really.) I noticed that every update would briefly turn the fan on, show the non-adjusted temperature then quickly show the adjusted temperature thus shutting the fan. This happened several minutes in a row so you may want to look into how those offsets are applied and used.

1 Like

Hello Adian009,

I’m not sure if I understood well, once an offset is set, it will be kept, what do you mean with “every update”? If you think you are having an issue, please email support@getniwa.com, so we can have a look at your device and find a solution.

1 Like

Let me find a way to video record my screen so you can see what I’m saying, it is hard to describe. And then I’ll email it to you guys, thank you!

1 Like

Sure, we are here to help!

1 Like

Does fan cycle control mean “have the ability to turn on exhaust fan when humidity hits a certain level?”

Really wanna ditch the ink bird and use solely the NIWA.

2 Likes

Yes, that is right! The fan will trigger when the temperature OR humidity is above target

2 Likes

The a/c will override the fan.

Yes it will override the fan.

1 Like

Hello @Tttsss, yes, thanks for your interest. We are working on it, we have developed a whole new scheduling management (among the other features that we added in the past) to improve the time management accuracy. The development is slow because of the testing process, once we release a new version internally it takes about two weeks to be tested. We are releasing a new one today, if we don’t find any bub we should start releasing the beta soon.

1 Like

Hello! We are releasing our new beta Firmware this week, we’ve already contacted everyone on the beta testers list.

That’s our job @Tttsss, did you get the beta invite? If you (or anyone) is interested and have (has) not received the invite, please email support@getniwa.com

Hello @Tttsss! it’s rolling out in batches, if you want it earlier, please email support@getniwa.com and I will fore update your device.

Nope, there won’t be, only app updates show messages. If you asked for it when it was rolling out, you already have it! :slight_smile:

You were right @Tttsss . Now you are running the latest version!

No problem @Tttsss! We are a small team, we wish we could go faster :slight_smile:

Yes, the fan cycling is implemented in this Firmware, but it still requires an app update. That one is almost ready to be released, stay tuned!

Hello everyone, as you’ve probably seen in the other post, we started releasing the new Firmware version some days ago.

1 Like