Feedback after 1st week with Niwa Grow Hub

So far I’m happy with my purchase overall. I really like the concept of controlling things by recipe. And thanks for teaching me about VPD. That said, here’s my wish list for a future update:

1. My tent doesn’t match the configurations close enough to fully automate. I have intake and exhaust fans, but no dehumidifier or AC (or heater for that matter, but I’m less concerned about that). I have to swap things around to ‘act’ like one or the other respectively. At times I catch my humidity through the roof because I didn’t swap over the exhaust fan from acting like an AC to acting like a dehumidifier. If there were options to set the intake fan and exhaust fan as Grow Components (and, of course, the recipe would use those for temp/humidity control) I could automate things much better.

2. This one I hope is simple, but it would be nice to be able to duplicate an existing Recipe so I can take an existing one and make adjustments based on that.

3. Frankly, I was a little disappointed I couldn’t set a Recipe icon from my phone’s photos, especially when my options are the same three images repeated over and over. Also seems like a simple thing to do.

Hello @Wisefool

Thank you very much for your feedback!
For 1, we have an update that can solve this issue, the fan will trigger when the temperature or humidity are above current target. Please email us to support@getniwa.com so we can update your device.

For 2 and 3, they are noted, and 2 is in the pipeline.

Thanks again!