Niwa Grow hub grow

Just wanted to share my first hub grow. I’ll be incorporating an air conditioner next go.

4 Likes

Thank you. Some airy and most a little denser. My first non grobo grow. :100: % better. Upwards and onwards. :sunglasses::seedling:

Thanks for sharing @Rfontenot5!! Very nice grow.

A word of caution, :slight_smile: please remember you cannot plug an A/C machine stright to the Grow Hub, just a trigger. If you need more info, please email support@getniwa.com

1 Like

Lol. I get like this too sometimes.

A 14 gauge or even better, a 12 gauge extension cord is all he needed to make this work. 1 extension cable wire should connect to the top left post on the solid state relay, the top right wire should complete the AC circuit on to the bare outlet.

5volt DC transformer plug from Niwa goes to bottom of your new SS Relay, (watch polarity for this one) the top left will be wired to the black line stripped off the end of the fat extension cord, when you wire from the top right terminal, you are essentially bringing the hot live wire back to your little outlet to complete the circuit. But only when Niwa lights up that 5v power supply.

Nice job! Your grow size looks similar to mine. I noticed you were thinking of incorporating a/c…have you looked into that and found anything reasonable? I use a half of 2x8 closet to grow, the other half for humidifier, evac blower. I’d have room for a portable a/c unit, but they’re pricy…any ideas?

I bought this exact model on Woot. Toshiba RAC-PD1013CWRU 10k BTU, has wifi app control that was super reliable until I started using the Niwa Trigger.

I can verify that it will start back up on safely using the last settings on power restoration, For instance I keep mine on A/C power connected to Niwa, (Auto A/C, High Fan, set to 62 degrees triggered power from via Solid State Relay.)

I can also verify that the dehumidifier mode can only be turned on by itself, the A/C or FAN mode will not operate until the Wi-Fi app, the remote control, or the front Panel is used to switch to the desired mode.

inside lung closet

grow enclosure behind the lung closet

Good luck, let me know if you tame it.

OK, thank you for your rely! The price of $200 is good! Can you plug this into the NIWA+ directly, or do you use some kind of trigger that NIWA recommends? If so, what and where do you get the trigger? I really appreciate you haling me.

What does this mean: "I can verify that it will start back up on safely using the last settings on power restoration, For instance I keep mine on A/C power connected to Niwa, (Auto A/C, High Fan, set to 62 degrees triggered power from via Solid State Relay.)

I can also verify that the dehumidifier mode can only be turned on by itself, the A/C or FAN mode will not operate until the Wi-Fi app, the remote control, or the front Panel is used to switch to the desired mode." Thanks again in advance for your kind help.

-GM Olorin

Well, since I’ve not used Woot before, and it looks like this deal could go away fast, I bought one on your recommend. Please answer my question about A/C trigger and where to get one if needed. I am close to curing phase with at least one of my 2 plants. I have been wondering how I’d ever get close to 60F, 60%RH for 16 days! I live in AZ, so that’s pretty cold temp for summertime. Thanks again!

A/C 100% needs a trigger or it will burn up your NIWA. This is what I used Compatible pieces of equipment for the Niwa Grow Hub - #14 by Williamgrow but your can find others that do not require electrical skills if you search the forum

The unit will remember what it was doing after the NIWA pulls the power from it (So the next AC power up will be the same setting that were on the Toshiba the last time)

The dehumidifier is a separate feature that will only work if you manually switch to it so it cannot be used with the NIWA unless dehumidification is the only thing you want to use the Toshiba AC unit for…

Good luck my friend.

Thanks Williamgrow!

I used a 40A 120V A/C contactor to make my trigger. Someone else on this forum advised using it and it made sense as there is less heat than a 5V solid state. I haven’t hooked it up to the NIWA yet as I am a couple weeks out from dry/curing phase. I did test it out to make sure it works, and it does very nicely. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088895GBY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Here’s some pix and above is the Amazon url for anyone else interested.

Now I have to mount this and other items to a board so it looks nice! Thanks for your help!

-Zach

2 Likes

Looks good!

That contactor will definitely do the trick.