Humidity/Temperature Deadband issue

@Tttsss I assume you asked for the beta Fw, if that’s the case the time drift should be gone, the potential problem now is the light not turning on/off at the defined times. We are working on it at the moment.

As mentioned above, we are happy to roll back to a stable previous version if you want.

Thank you so much for taking the time to test and feedback!

1 Like

Thank you @Tttsss for your feedback and suggestions.

Yes, for the coming version we should open a new specific thread!

2 Likes

So, my humidifier and my dehumidifier are currently chasin each-other’s tails. The humidifier overshoots by about 3-5% and the humidifier undershoots by about 2-3% so they both just constantly run back and forth of of each-other’s over/undershoots. Is there a way to make the dead band adjustable? Or to set the trigger points manually?

1 Like

If I could tell the humidifier to cut off at 58% on it’s way to 60%, for instance, this would help dramatically, or if I could set a run-time limit.

1 Like

Hello @IowaTech80, dead band can not be adjusted. I would recommend:

• Make sure your sensor is as far as possible from the air flows of these devices.

• Set your devices to the possible minimum power/speed.

• Your devices could be “too powerful” for the space.

1 Like

Your Grow Box is almost identical to mine.

I have a heater, an AC unit (too big), a Humidifier, a dehumidifier(takes up significant area), an intake fan 230cfm, an inline fan 440 cfm, and circulation fans. But I am having trouble understanding which 4 to use since I cannot use the 1 minute per hour ventilation feature.

I am currently repurposing the food pantry closet behind the wall of my grow box to prep the air for intake in the grow box but I am not sure that is worth the effort.

I preordered the co2 sensor, do you think NIWA will allow me to pull fresh for x seconds when the carbon dioxide is getting low? Or should it be continuously vented?

1 Like

Unless you’re running C02 it isn’t worth it. I have a continuous 4 inch intake fan and filter at the bottom. I have a 4 inch output filter at the top. The A/C puts out a lot of air that forces itself out of the top filter. Household C02 is up and down. 400-to sometimes 800.(I have a C02 monitor in my home)I use mushrooms and found very little difference. Unless you can run 1100. It isn’t worth it. I grew six ounces of ATF this last grow without C02. I have small fans at the bottom to push air and humidity around. This space is 2x2x8. Keep it simple. Fresh air in at a low rate. That’s why the four inch. I learned to master my environment without the hub before I bought it. Sizes and output of intake and output fans, humidifier, Dehumidifier and heaters is crucial for balanced environment. I mastered my all my levels with trial and error. The Hub just does it all for me now. Hope this helps. I don’t use this site but I felt I could offer some help. Just keep in mind this hub isn’t a magic wand. I don’t use the light feature on the hub. I’m plugged separately on a timer. More reliable in my opinion. (Just because it says water pump doesn’t mean you can’t plug in a fan and set times). You see where I’m going? That outlet doesn’t know what’s plugged in! I only use the temperature, humidity and water feature. I have a super small submersible pump that circulates water from the bottom to the top. Runs 30 minutes every six hours. Good luck :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this info!

Do you use a DC 4" intake fan or AC fan at full blast?

1 Like

DC. VIVOSUN 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7S46YZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
You can spend a few more bucks on one with a speed control/Dimmer. They have both. Mine runs full blast. With filter and sock. Perfect for my space.

1 Like

In my 4x4 tent I leave my heater on low heat setting but high thermostat and lowest setting on my humidifier.

Quick question here. Where do I find both my app. version and Firmware for my grow hub?

The app version is at the bottom of the settings menu, for the Firmware you can email us to support.

As of today, 12/11/23, what is the current app and firmware versions?

App is v1.9.39 Fw:3.0.0

I just checked red and my app says it’s v1.9.38. I don’t know my firmware. Please update me.

iOS latest app is v1.9.38, please email support to get your Firmware checked.

1 Like